суббота, 16 октября 2010 г.

Interview


1) Who are you?
I am Kate. I’m a student of the 6 course of foreign language philology. In particular I learn English and German, and Ukrainian of course. Russian is my native. But I also want to learn Spanish and Italian. My Institute is a Kerch branch of Tavrida National University which is situated in Simferopol. It is small but our students have more attention than in big university.

2) How did you learn English?
I have learn English since the 5th form until today and I think I’ll continue to do it all my live because language is an alive thing, it develops constantly. I studded in the usual school where class seldom was divided into 2 or 3 parts so there was a lot of noise during the lesson. But the worst thing, as to me, we have had a new English teacher every semester. They were always young and didn’t know our language level. So lessons were boring and understandable.
I can’t say they have special methodic. Classes included usually translation of home text and simple exercises. I hate this subject and couldn’t even think it will be my future profession.
In the 7th form I came to the tutor who explained me basis individually. I studded with specialized books. During the year I started to study independently.
I used that knowledge during the whole school because there was nothing new.
In the 11th form I visited preliminary courses in our institute and did additional tasks of my teacher at school.
Most off all I like to translate not standard texts and rummage in the dictionary. Especially for me, effective method of learning new words is in the text context where I can see words relations in sentences. And I take texts not from the program but what I like. Then I write down words on paper many times.
I prefer to write all necessary English constructions in notebook which I have always with me and add smth new and reread after.

3) What have English given to you?
First of all, I must admit that studding of this foreign language which is absolutely different from my native one, have developed my brain.
The second point, I become more broadminded. I can support a talk in different spheres as English is international language which serves for most of human activities.
During learning English I knew many interesting and useful information about countries and cultures which exist on my planet but I’ve never seen.
And the last, I’ve never noticed before, is a respect to myself as you can do what is impossible for others. I even can teach my elder brother this language.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий